Coming up with a winning game plan together.
Participating in sports is a great way to keep healthy and active, but it can also be hard on the body. Sports medicine physicians have specialized training in the treatment and prevention of sports-related injuries and conditions. These specialists can provide care for everyone from the dedicated athlete to the weekend warrior.
Common examples of musculoskeletal concerns treated by sports medicine specialists include:
- Acute injuries (like ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries or fractures)
- Overuse injuries (like rotator cuff and other forms of tendonitis, stress fractures)
Non-musculoskeletal concerns that can be addressed by sports medicine specialists include:
- Injury prevention
- Concussion (mild traumatic brain injury) and other head injuries
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness (including asthma and diabetes)
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness levels
- “Return to play” decisions for the sick or injured athlete
- Recommendations on safe strength-training and conditioning exercises
Sports Medicine providers specialize in non-surgical treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions. When surgery is the appropriate treatment, the sports medicine specialist can guide referrals orthopedic surgeons and physical and occupational therapies.
3329 West DeYoung Street
Marion, IL 62959
513 N. Main Street
Anna, IL 62906
Dr. Morgan is now accepting new patients in Union County.