Our general surgeons care for patients needing surgery on the abdomen, skin, breast, soft tissues, esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, gallbladder and bile ducts, among other organs. Common (and painful) issues like gallbladder problems, hernias and hemorrhoids can often be taken care of with minimally invasive (Laparoscopic) surgical techniques, resulting in less pain, minimal scarring and faster recoveries. Don't delay and get some pain relief -- call today to schedule a consultation with a board-certified surgeon at 618-998-7155.
Procedures and treatments include:
- Abdominal Surgeries: Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, open appendectomy, colon resection, gastric surgery, open feeding tube placement, abdominal mass resection, surgical hemorrhoidectomy and hernia repair.
- Vascular Access: Port placement and central line placement
- Head and Neck Surgery: Thyroidectomy, salivary gland tumors, neck mass resection, Lymph node resection and biopsy
- Skin Cancer: Melanoma excision and sentinel node biopsy, Basal cell and Squamous cell carcinoma including lesions on face, lips and nose
- GI Scope: Colonoscopy and esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) for screening and diagnosis
- Breast Surgery: Biopsies, cyst or mass excision, lumpectomy, mastectomy, duct lesion excision, sentinel node biopsy, benign and malignant lesions
- Soft Tissue: Lipoma, sarcoma mass excision and biopsies
- Wound Care: Debridement, split thickness and full thickness skin grafting
- Esophageal Repair: Repair of the esophagus due to GERD
Dr. Claffey and Dr. Harad are members of the medical staff at Heartland Regional Medical Center. Patient results may vary. Consult your physician about the benefits and risks of any surgical procedure or treatment.